ORACLE

12/12/2010

Bonazzi "Head of Cthulhu" Pipe On eBay


For those interested, one of Andrea Bonazzi's hand-carved pipes is up for sale on eBay. The pipe listed is the "Head of Cthulhu" model, which on Andrea's site is titled ""Tobacco-Pipe V", and there is a "Buy It Now" price of $799.99. It is listed as new and unsmoked. If only I had the money...

Interestingly enough Swords Against the Outer Dark is specifically mentioned in the classified on eBay, so it is only right that I help spread the word. I believe this is Andrea's brother who has the pipe listed for sale, he has 100% feedback on eBay and if you look at his other items he has many other pipes listed as well.

This could be the only chance to obtain a one of a kind piece of Cthulhiana created by the gifted hands of Andrea Bonazzi, so if you have the means to do so please do not hesitate, because there may not be another chance like this again in the foreseeable future.

6 comments:

Higgipedia said...

That's cool, but I'm not sure it's $800 cool. If I were a rich pipe smoker, I'd be all over that.

R.R. Hunsinger said...

This is such a sweet looking pipe....if I had the scratch I'd get it for you Shane....well no actually I would get it for myself and let you look at it! Bwhhhhaaaaa!!!!!!

The Grey Elf said...

I agree with Higgipedia. I collect pipes, and while that's beautifully carved, it ain't $800 beautiful. That's a bit outrageous for a briar. If it were roughly twice as detailed and carved out of Turkish Meerschaum, then MAYBE...and that's a big maybe.

ze bulette said...

Phew, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this was overpriced! It does look very nice though.

Shane Mangus said...

I understand the reaction to the price tag. It is hard to imagine anyone paying this price for a pipe. Keep in mind, this is also a one of a kind piece of art. Personally, I hope Andrea gets every penny. He deserves it. I believe this sums it up about as well as it can be summed up:

http://thedailypuffer.tumblr.com/post/2302498889/intenebrissculptus

R.R. Hunsinger said...

I have seen $1200.00 briars before so the actual price tag did not strike me as excessive. I just don't have that kind of disposable income. :-/