ORACLE

9/16/2010

Unexpected Interest

Something unexpected happened as a result to my posting a poll asking about the potential interest in fund drive to raise money for an art budget for my upcoming Labyrinth Lord supplement. These past couple of days I have received a flurry of emails ranging from artists that may be interested in taking on this project to other self-publishers offering their advice. I think this is very cool, and I appreciate the interest. The great advice I have received is very much appreciated. Keep it coming.

I also want to that thank those who have taken the time to vote on this poll. It has only been a couple of days, and I have received more positive votes than I really expected to. I realize many of these individuals are other bloggers who in one way or another I have developed friendships with along the way. This is perfectly fine with me. I would support their projects as well if and when the time presented itself. Looking around the OSR blogosphere I am amazed at the talent and ingenuity that is out there, and I am proud to count myself amongst these do-it-yourselfers. I am taking all of this positive energy I have received and focusing it on the book, and I am sure it will be that much better because of it.

4 comments:

Chad Thorson said...

I'd be willing to donate some illustrations, if not money.

Sean Robson said...

I just checked out some of the work on your blog, Atom. I like it a lot!

Shane Mangus said...

@atom kid - thanks! I will be sending you a private message in the next few days and we can discuss things further.

Melissa Moritz said...

Glad to hear that you're having good luck finding artists. :)