ORACLE

8/16/2010

[Poll] Help Me Decide on Book Format

I have posted the first two polls that will ultimately help me decide on how to publish Swords Against the Outer Dark Labyrinth Lord Supplement. I am curious to see what book size and type of binding you guys would prefer. Dan Proctor published Labyrinth Lord through Lulu and has had nothing but great things to say about their quality and service, so I have decided to follow his wisdom on this. I plan to offer several choices since Lulu offers a wide variety, but I am curious to see what the general public would prefer buying. Of course there will be a PDF available as well. I look forward to seeing the results.

3 comments:

Nick said...

I know I'm a heretic, but I would love to see a landscape, hardcover version.

Hardcover books are a little more expensive, but they look great on a bookshelf, and lanscaped books have more space for art and make a great table companion.

I guess it depends on what the purpose of the book will be- if it's meant to sit on the table, pages open, then landscape would look great and leave plenty of room for the awesome art you have on your blog already. If it's meant to be behind the scenes, regular or trade style would be just fine.

Second would be perfect bound and US Trade. Those are always nice, too. :)

Clovis Cithog said...

I am a true iconoclast

I prefer SPIRAL bound

handy at the game table
easy to photo copy
and much more durable than
either glue or staple

only disadvantage

cannot read binding in book shelf

Anonymous said...

I'll admit I'm actually really surprised at the results of the poll so far.
Trade paperback the most popular? Really?!? 'K.

I'd just love to see the full-sized (letter) hardback to match my LL and AEC full-sized hardbacks. Love. Love! LOVE!

Anything else would be...uncivilized.

-Eric (MachFront)