ORACLE

7/09/2010

Introducing Labyrinth Lord to My Meetup Group

I just wanted to take a moment to mention that one week from tonight I will be attending a Meetup group meeting for the Raleigh Tabletop Roleplayers, and I have been asked to make a presentation that will introduce Labyrinth Lord to the group. I will be taking both sets of my Labyrinth Lord and Advanced Edition Companion rulebooks (hardback and softcover), along with copies of the official Labyrinth Lord character sheet, copies of the LL character sheet I designed and several printouts of my Advanced Labyrinth Lord Screen to share with everyone.

I already know this group has a strong interest in Dungeons & Dragons. I have a feeling that most have at least played 3rd or 4th edition D&D, and a few grew up playing the older editions. I have been told that a few folks have been grumbling that they are wanting someone to run an older edition game for them, so all in all I feel confident that Labyrinth Lord will be received warmly by this group. If I get the interest I am anticipating then I will be following this meeting up in the coming weeks with a "Try It Out" session, and run a few people through a quick adventure to let them try out the game firsthand.

Anyone in the Raleigh, NC area who wants to attend I encourage you to do so. We will be meeting at It's A Grind Coffeehouse at 7:00 PM on Friday July 16th. I look forward to talking shop and meeting some new gamers!

3 comments:

christian said...

Good luck! I bet the Adv. Ed. Comp. will really win them over by offering additional character options that all 3x layers have come to accept as a regular part of game play.

Alexy said...

Good luck! I bet it will be a hit. I know I was very happy when I saw LL for the first time. After lots of complicated modern stuff, it seemed to fit just right: old school feel, nicely presented in an organized manner.

Sean Robson said...

Good luck, Shane! If you can't sell 'em on Labyrinth Lord then no one can. I'm sure your super-spiffy character sheets and GM screen will win them over.

I'm sure that with your passion and enthusiasm for the game, you'll have more interested people than you can handle. I sure wish I could join.