ORACLE

6/28/2010

Possible NEMESIS Hardback Coming

For the uninitiated, NEMESIS: Roleplaying in Worlds of Horror is a free supernatural horror roleplaying game published by ArcDream Publishing that uses the One-Roll Engine (ORE). A couple of days ago Dennis Detwiller, one of the main writers of the game, posted on the Cult of ORE Google Group message-board this proposal:

Hey guys,

We here at ArcDream are considering the possibility of releasing the NEMESIS rules (expanded, with some kick ass artwork) in a hardcover edition. Do you think NEMESIS would be viable as a ransom product?

Thoughts, concerns, suggestions? Spread the news around and post here to let me know what you think.

Well for me, this is amazing news. I would love to see NEMESIS expanded and packaged in a beautifully illustrated hardback. I am glad the game is free to download, but I can't help but jones for a fully produced version of the game to be released. This idea is way overdue!

Not many know this, but the whole Sword & Sanity concept was kicked off in a game I briefly ran a few years back powered by NEMESIS. I have a few things I have been working on that will show my support for the NEMESIS system, and I hope to release those here very soon. If you have not downloaded this game and at least read it I urge you to go ahead and do so. The Madness Meter alone is reason enough to give this game a look-see.

1 comment:

christian said...

I had a chance to play a game using the ORE. It was pretty cool, Wild Talents I think it was.