ORACLE

6/30/2010

Adventurer - Traveller OD&D Hack

It seems that a gentleman by the name of "captainjack" from over at the Dragonsfoot forums has released a fully developed supplement for Traveller that emulates Original Dungeons & Dragons. He has dubbed this project Adventurer, and has it available for download. Captainjack has published Adventurer under an Open Game License using the Mongoose Traveller OGL.

I think this is amazing news, as I recently expressed an interest in developing a Lovecraftian Traveller hack I dubbed Dreamer. This project suddenly does not seem as daunting as it did when I began to seriously consider starting it. I have a few big releases I am developing for the Outer Dark right now, but once I have cleared those from my schedule I am seriously considering trying to make Dreamer a reality. In the mean time I will be reading over Adventurer to see how I can use it as a springboard for my own project.

3 comments:

Aaron E. Steele said...

Sure, this just has to come out with me on vacation.

Must check this out on my return!

Nathan said...

Interestingly we began a project dubbed "Adventurer" as well.

We're taking a slightly different tack. For characters we're hewing close to the Mongoose SRD with some thoughts about changing things up for combat taking cues from Agon and Diaspora.

Almost forgot to post the link:

http://platonicsolid.blogspot.com/search/label/Adventurer

Doc Grognard said...

Hey ! Captainjack here -glad you liked what you saw, and even gladder if it proves to be an inspiration or at least an encouragement. I committed to writing an hour or so every damn day, and that did the trick -true, I often did more, but it got it jumpstarted. I'm hoping to have a stable version early next week -sort of a beta, I guess.

I may resurrect my blog thanks to these reviews -feel free to comment there.

http://docgrognard.blogspot.com/

Nathan ! Well met again. Looks like "when the season is right, one thousand flowers will blossom". Which is a ponsy way of saying the confluence of OSR and MGT made the time right for both of us, and hopefully others. I look forward to getting Advenurer(mine) in its final form so I can finally look at Adventurer(yours) - I intentionally took a clean room approach once I started -IIRC you made the same comment over on mongoose.

Keep travelling !